I always wonder when I see someone out in public with their tongues down each others mouths, What if your mother sees you? Then what? Will you finally understand that no one else would like to have to suffer either? No, maybe you would answer that question with; I'm an adult and I'm in love. Great. I'm happy for you. Now go home and display your love there, not when I'm sitting here trying to enjoy my meal, or not when I'm simply waiting in line to buy my ticket at the theater and I'm stuck behind you and your man or woman that look like two algae-eating fish trying to get all the pond scum out each others mouths.
Okay, I will admit it there was a point in my life when I was just like you. I would be all over my man and he would be all over me in public. For that, I would like to give my sincere apologies. I was not thinking about the outside world at the time. I was letting you all suffer. Sorry for making out at that park, when your children were there to simply play on a few monkey bars and slide down the slide. That, I know, was so selfish of me and my now husband. But now, I am a changed woman. I am a lot more mature. I have become considerate of those around me that, didn't sign up to see a caressing session.
I think the problem with P.D.A. is that you make those around you uncomfortable. Yes, you may be in love and showing affection but, there is a time and place for everything. Here is a list that may be helpful for those that don't really know the limits and boundaries of P.D.A.
1) Grocery Store = INAPPROPRIATE
2) Neighborhood Park = INAPPROPRIATE (unless nobody is around)
3) After you say "I DO" and the minister tells you to kiss the bride = APPROPRIATE
4) On your honeymoon (exception to rules) = anywhere and everywhere almost always INAPPROPRIATE but who cares!
5) In an Elevator when it's just the two of you = APPROPRIATE (go for it! No one has to suffer and watch lol)
6) In a car when there is no one in sight = APPROPRIATE have fun! (nobody will have to shut their eyes in disgust)